You did your research and purchased a new airsoft gun or maybe you got a deal on a used gun, either way, you will need to know how to clean your gun. Maintaining and cleaning your airsoft gun will keep a new airsoft gun shooting like new longer. If you purchased a used gun, you will want to start off fresh and clean your gun. Cleaning your gun will also help you get to know your gun.
Reasons to keep your gun clean:
First thing to do before cleaning your gun or doing any maintenance on your gun is to remove the power source. Depending on the type of airsoft gun you have you will do one of the following:
1. Dry shoot to confirm it’s not cocked-spring action guns
2. Remove battery pack-electric guns
3. Disconnect CO2 tank-pressurized gas guns
There is no excuse to not take a few extra minutes to handle your airsoft gun in a safe manner. A freak accidental shot can cause more damage than you may think. Take your time and be safe!
To clean the exterior of the airsoft gun:
* Wipe clean with a clean non-abrasive cloth
* Use cotton swabs for crevices and hard to reach areas.
To clean the magazine of the airsoft gun:
* Remove magazine
* Clean the magazine the same as the exterior
* All moving parts should have a drop of oil added
* Replace magazine
To clean the barrel of the airsoft gun:
* Turn of hop up system on gun
* Spray a .22 cleaning patch with silicone
* With patch on rod, insert in into barrel to clean
* Use an in and out motion
* Swab barrel 3-4 times
* Repeat swabbing procedure with a dry patch
* When patches come out clean after dry swabbing, you are finished!
There are gun-cleaning kits available. It is a good idea to purchase extra swabs at the same time as the kit. If your gun isn’t as clean as you thought, you don’t want to run out of swabs in the middle of cleaning your gun.
After cleaning your gun, be sure to have a few trial shots before going out on the field to play. After cleaning, your gun may perform better and you don’t want to wait to find out in the field after a few bad shots that you need to adjust your shooting!
Interested in a cleaning kit for your airsoft gun or airgun? You can find one here: Otis Flex Cleaning Kit!